Why Being Noticed By Google Will Change Your Business
How do I get noticed by Google?
Firstly I would suggest registering your website with Google and then submit your sitemap.
So lets start with how to let Google know you have a website by registering it.
How to register your website with Google
Once you have signed up and created your Google account and if you have not already done so you can find instructions to open a Google Account here
- Go and submit your website to Google Webmasters
Why do I need to register my site with webmaster tools?
Well there is a great video by Google which explains all the benefits of being registered with Google
In Google’s words
Check your site’s health for potential issues that Google has detected.
Understand your search traffic and learn how users are finding your site.
Make optimizations to help Google better understand and represent your site.
- Once you have submitted your website you need to verify it so Google knows that you are the true owner, this level of verification is obviously in your interest as you don’t want someone spying on your website.
How do I add my sitemap and why is this really important?
- First login into your Google webmasters account if you have not already done so.
- Select your account
- Now select sitemaps
- Select Crawl and then Sitemaps
- Now enter your sitemap and select Submit Sitemap
- Your sitemap will be pending waiting for Google to send its spiders to find it and index it.
- You have created a Google Webmaster Account
- You have submitted your website and got this verified
- You have submitted your sitemap and are waiting for Google to index it.
Well done loads done today and you are well on your way.
See you next time